A Leader in Education and Workforce Training
With two community colleges, a four-year public university and a state medical school, the Texarkana region is well prepared to respond to the training needs of today’s employers—and tomorrow’s. Together, these educational institutions award more than 2,700 degrees and certificates annually, with an enrollment of nearly 10,000 providing a pipeline of possibilities.
- Two-year public community college offering a wide range of academic and vocational programs
- Home to the Betty and Buddy Ledwell Workforce Training Center, a school of advanced manufacturing
- Also home to the Bill Moran School of Bladesmithing, the first of its kind in the world.
- Strong focus on automotive maintenance and repair, computer technology and information systems, diesel mechanics technology, electrical technology and instrumentation, industrial maintenance/multi-craft, welding, instrumentation and HAZMAT training
- Has innovative training contracts with industry leaders like Domtar, Cooper Tire, Graphic Packaging and Texarkana Aluminum
- With a focus on student and future employer success, the college boasts the highest graduation rate of all 50 community colleges in Texas
- Public, four-year regional university with a comprehensive selection of academic programs
- Member of the Texas A&M University System, one of the largest and most distinguished higher education systems in the nation
- Office of Extended Education and Community Development offers advanced courses and professional certifications in supply chain management, occupational safety, leadership and more
- Career Development Department helps match employers with student talent
- Earned accreditation for its College of Business, Engineering and Technology in 2019
- Two-year public community college with an array of workforce training programs dedicated to business, trade and industry
- Offers degrees and certificates in diesel technology, industrial maintenance and machining, Information technology, bladesmithing, HVAC, industrial electricity, power technologies and welding
- Operates as a division of the University of Arkansas System
- Most affordable college in Arkansas
- Industry Outreach Department partners with local businesses to develop ongoing workplace training programs for supervisors and employees
- A regional division of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS), Arkansas’ only academic health sciences center and teaching hospital
- The Texarkana campus is home to three UAMS colleges, two primary care clinics, a pediatric clinic and a family medicine residency program, as well as numerous community education programs and a comprehensive medical library
- The Aviation Maintenance Program at SAU Tech’s Texarkana campus offers FAA certifications in General, Airframe and Powerplant Maintenance, as well as an associate degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology
AR-TX REDI is your partner for economic success in Northeast Texas and Southwest Arkansas.
Contact us at: email@example.com or (903) 334-5201